CrossRoads Extremity Systems®
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: December 1, 2021
Last Updated: November 24, 2021
2. Information We Collect
Our Services collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“Personal Information”). Below, we have provided a list of categories of Personal Information and examples of the types of Personal Information we collect that may fall within those categories.
Within the last twelve (12) months, our Services have collected the following categories of Personal Information from consumers:
- Identifiers, including name, email, phone, and zip code.
- Personal Information Categories Listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), including name.
- Protected Classification Characteristics Under California or Federal Law, including sex and age. We do not request this information, but it may be provided by you through our live chat feature, as described below.
- Internet or Other Similar Network Activity, including information about how you interact with our Site.
- Geolocation Data, including zip code.
You may provide additional information through our live chat feature on the Site, or through communications with our employees and representatives. We use this information only for the purposes for which it was provided, and we retain it only for so long as is necessary to fulfill such purpose.
CrossRoads obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from information you provide through the Site and Services and through any correspondences, such as when you request to receive information or support.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Site through the use of automated data collection tools.
- From third parties. For example, from our business partners and service providers, who provide us with your Personal Information as directed by you or in connection with our Site and Services or our relationship with the third party.
3. Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the Personal Information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our Site, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services, including without limitation, to conduct aggregate or research analysis and develop business intelligence that helps us to enhance, improve, evaluate, operate, protect, make informed decisions about, and report on the performance of our Services.
- To communicate information and promotional materials to you, where you have not expressed a preference otherwise, and to send you information and updates about the Services.
- To serve advertisements tailored to your interests and to improve our marketing and advertising performance on the Services.
- To notify you of any changes to relevant agreements, policies, or other terms, and to enforce such terms.
- To work with our service providers, who perform certain business functions or services on our behalf.
- To prevent or investigate fraud, or for risk management purposes, and to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To comply with legal obligations, court orders, or in order to exercise any legal claim or to defend against any legal claim.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
- As otherwise described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
4. Sharing Personal Information
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information. We may, however, disclose your Personal Information to third parties for a business purpose. In the preceding twelve (12) months, CrossRoads has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records Personal Information categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Geolocation data.
We disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Corporate affiliates, including corporate parents, subsidiaries, other affiliated entities, and associated entities for the purposes described in this Notice which are required to treat the information in accordance with this Notice.
- Service providers and other third parties that help us administer and provide the Site and Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). While we may seek to require such third parties to follow appropriate privacy policies and will not authorize them to use this information except for the express purpose for which it is provided, you agree that we do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties.
5. Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. The following sections describe your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
6. Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights, below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, a separate list identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
7. Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights, below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
8. Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 901.221.8406 or 844.883.0941.
- Visiting: crextremity.com
- Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To authorize an agent to act on your behalf with respect to the rights contained in this Notice, we may require proof from the agent that you have provided the authorized agent written permission to do so, and we may require that you verify your own identity directly with us. If you have provided the agent with power of attorney, that may be sufficient.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a twelve (12) month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. To verify your requests, we ask that you provide information required to match the request with the consumer about whom information has been collected or utilize the authentication practices for your password-protected account. We verify requests by matching information you provide to information that we maintain in our records. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
9. Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, up to an additional forty-five (45) days, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. We do not currently offer any financial incentives, and we will notify you if and when that changes. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we may offer will reasonably relate to your Personal Information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
11. Other California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to email@example.com.
12. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
CrossRoads reserves the right to amend this Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Notice, we will post the updated notice on the Site and update the Notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
13. Contact Information
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 901.221.8406 or 844.883.0941
By regular mail:
CrossRoads Extremity Systems, LLC
ATTN: Privacy Officer
6423 Shelby View Drive Ste 101
Memphis, TN 38134
 Please note that this is not a complete statement of response timings; this is just for the consumers’ reference.